Monday, October 22, 2007
Trying to Reach An Agreement
Class on the 15th was crazy because of how we were trying to come to agreement with our grades. Basically I used the "compete to win approach", because I wanted to get a higher grade on my exam. But in way I also followed the accommodation approach since a lot of people did horrible, I felt that there were a lot of people pushing to get their points. So I kind of saw this issue more important to them. The class also followed the colloration apprroach in which everyone was negiotating for certain things in order to implement a policy that would help everyone. Basically wasting a tremdous amount of time, we all had to compromise for the points, the grade policy and the layout of the test. Since we ran out of time we all had to agree on the final proposal which we were lucky to get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Arnela
I don’t think using the compete to win method is the best approach to use especially when you are negotiating with people you don’t know. Using that approach only complicates everything and it makes it very difficult to get a deal done, which almost happened on Monday. I don’t think everyone in the class was using the collaborating approach because there were a few people who did very well on the exam that did not want to agree to a 10 or 15 point extra credit assignment. Those people were using the compete to win method because they weren’t concern about how poorly the class did on the exam. They only wanted what was best for themselves.
Post a Comment